7. Isolation (Person with positive Test)
• Players AND Parents stay home if they are having fever and/or symptoms of COVID-19, including:
o Fever (>100.4⁰F) or feeling feverish (e.g., chills, sweating)
o New cough
o Difficulty breathing
o Sore throat
o Muscle aches or body aches
o Vomiting or diarrhea
o New loss of taste or smell
• Self-isolate away from ALL GFC ACTIVITIES for 10 days after the start of their illness (or testing date) or otherwise follow the direction of the local public health department about when it is safe for them to be around others. COVID-19 test results that involve a home “Self Administer Test” will require additional test from a medical provider to confirm the result.
8. Quarantine (Person in close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19)
• A close contact is someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes while the person was considered contagious.
• Unvaccinated Players, Siblings, and Parents considered close contacts should be instructed to self-quarantine regardless of whether the exposure occurred within or outside of the home setting. Quarantine may be discontinued when the local public health department determines the individual is safe to be around others or:
o After day 7 if the individual is symptom-free and receives a negative COVID-19 test 5 days or later after the last date of exposure to the case. The last day of exposure is day 0.
o After day 10 without testing if the individual is symptom-free.
• Unvaccinated persons who have documented COVID-19 illness in the prior 3 months (with a positive COVID-19 PCR or antigen test) do not need to quarantine if they are symptom-free. Results from antibody testing should not be used to assess for infection or for determining need to quarantine.
• Fully-vaccinated* persons do not need to quarantine following an exposure to a person diagnosed with COVID-19 if he/she is not experiencing symptoms, but are recommended to be tested 3-5 days after an exposure.
*>Fully-vaccinated means 14 days have passed since receipt of the Janssen (J&J) vaccine or the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.